Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Welcome!

Hello everyone!

My name is Brenna, and I teach Kindergarten at W.S. Neal Elementary in Brewton, Alabama. For those of you who don't know where that is, we are basically 10 minutes away from the Alabama-Florida line.

In my spare time, I work on projects around the house and maintain my own personal blog about life in general, By God's Southern Grace. Those two things in itself keep my pretty busy.

This is not my first experience with online classes, and I am pretty interested to see the difference between the two online programs that I have seen and am seeing. I went to school at the University of West Florida before, but I have heard such great things about the program at UWA that I figured it would benefit me to receive my master's degree from here.

The great thing about an online degree is that it allows me to continue working while still achieving the educational goals I have set for myself. It also benefits me financially since I do not live in close proximity to a school that I could attend without having to travel a great distance.

At the school I teach at, funds are not plentiful, but I feel that we are very blessed to have some of the technology resources that we do. My favorite resource in technology that I have been able to use is our Mobi boards. These boards allow us to move around the room while teaching my kids. I can check their work and help them without having to be stuck by a computer.

I can't wait to get to know everyone in the class!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Brenna! My name is Kim, and I am in your technology class. I am also a kindergarten teacher. Isn't hanging out with 5 year olds so much fun?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenna. My name is Joanna and I'm taking this technology class too this semester. I teach science at the high school level in Decatur, AL. You and Kim are some special people to teach such little ones. I don't know how you guys do it. You must have a big heart!!! Good luck this summer and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenna, I looked at your other blog, and it made me happy! I love the super-cute stuff in your photos. The creativity is inspiring and made me want to start a project. I look forward to being in class with you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brenna my name is Leigh and I am in your technology class. I love your blog it is so cute. I have never blogged before so this should be interesting. I admire you for teaching the "little ones". I would love to teach that age because they are so loving and adorable. I have 7th and 8th grade and sometimes I think they forget the love hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Mrs. L.,
    You sound like a happy young lady; I'm happy for you, too. Your template is the coolest; this is my first time blogging, and I do like it. Well, keep teaching the little ones, and best of luck in the class.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete